Level 3 Dyslexia Awareness Course
Expected prior knowledge for the ‘Level 3 Dyslexia Awareness’ course:
The Level 3 Dyslexia Awareness course is a balance of theory and practical strategies. It builds on the foundations established in the Level 1 Dyslexia Awareness course although there is no requirement for you to have completed this first.
This course is for you if you are:
- Interested in dyslexia and wanting to further your understanding of dyslexia
- Working with pupils with dyslexia
Prior Knowledge: You do not need to know anything about dyslexia.
- Different definitions of dyslexia
- Characteristic features of dyslexia
- The social, emotional and behavioural impact of dyslexia
- What issues are faced by dyslexic learners when learning to read, spell and write
- How dyslexia may affect the development of numeracy skills
- What assessments are available and how they might be used
- Many different strategies for addressing the barriers to learning that individuals with dyslexia may face, including the use of assistive technology
- Sources of support
Please note that a Level 3 course is equivalent to an A level standard.
Please see our course leaflet for further information: Level 3 Dyslexia Awareness – Summer 2019
If you are interested in attending a future Level 3 course, please express your interest by completing our Course Enquiry Form
For customers that have already attended this course, we have made a number of resources available for your use. To login and use these, please click here.