Level 3 Dyslexia Awareness Course
Course Overview: You will need to access a variety of pre-recorded webinars. There will also be an element of independent work for which you will receive all relevant resources and guidance.
You will benefit from scheduled 1-1 tutor support time.
This course is for you if you are:
- Interested in dyslexia and wanting to further your understanding
- Working with pupils with dyslexia
Prior Knowledge: You do not need to know anything about dyslexia
- Different definitions of dyslexia
- Characteristic features of dyslexia
- The social, emotional and behavioural impact of dyslexia
- What issues are faced by dyslexic learners when learning to read, spell and write
- How dyslexia may affect the development of numeracy skills
- What assessments are available and how they might be used
- Many different strategies for addressing the barriers to learning that individuals with dyslexia may face, including the use of assistive technology
- Sources of support
Full cost for non member school £250 Reduced cost for member school £225
(includes training materials, tailored support from a designated tutor, & Gateway qualification fee)
Please note that a Level 3 course is equivalent to an A level standard.
If you are interested in starting a Level 3 course, please contact Laura Bates, firstname.lastname@example.org
For delegates currently enrolled on the course, we have made a number of resources available for your use. To login and use these, please click here.